- The Irish Model Aero Club started with five model aviation enthusiasts at Old Court Road, Tallaght in 1980. Later renamed the Dublin Kestrel Model Flying Club (after a pair of Kestrels nesting locally), the club grew in size, and began training newcomers.
- After some years, housing estates were built up and what was once countryside gradually disappeared. The club moved to a field near Brittas, Co Dublin. This site was good to the club, membership increased.
- The club acquired a container, which became the clubhouse in the airfield, providing shelter from wind, sudden showers and a nice place to have a cup of tea and a chat.
- Club activities continued here until 2004, which saw many club fun-fly events and summer BBQs.
- GPS co-ordinates 53.2049913,-6.4242393,571
Contact details, John Long: 087-640-8048, email@example.com